Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tie One On...


Walking away from school on Royal Avenue, I overheard a mother ask her seven-year-old (?) daughter, "Have you been eating your tie?"; to which she responded, "Just a little bit." The mother then said, "I told you not to!"

Surfing for a suitable picture for this post, I came across this one. The guys in this photo are obviously inebriated. I have no idea who they are, but I can tell the guy on the right is pretty strange. Not that the guy on the left isn't strange too, but at least he's not eating someone else's tie. Either the guy on the right has a bizarre tie fetish or the appetizers at the event he's attending are grossly inadequate. In any event, he looks like he could skip a few meals...or ties!

I have worn a tie every workday for 23 years, and I have never felt the compunction to eat any one of my ties--even though some actually have pictures of food on them. Then again, I have never been inebriated at work.

Lesson learned: Try to avoid ties when you're drinking. You never know what might happen. Someone might nibble on your tie. And if you ever feel the need to eat a tie, count to ten and let the urge pass. It's just not worth ending up on the Internet, looking like a complete fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment