Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blogito Ergo Sum


The dead white guy, philosopher Rene Descartes wrote: "Cogito ergo sum" (I think; therefore, I am), so I thought it would be "cute" to name my blog Blogito Ergo Sum (I blog; therefore, I am). Of course, I am probably not the first person to have thought of this clever connection. However, not being first has never been an obstacle for me. In fact, I am usually not first. And this is fine by me. How many bloggers have come before me? Millions? Billions? Too numerous to count on all the fingers I know, which is probably several thousand.

Why have I undertaken this endeavour? I suppose "idle curiosity" is the apt response; a curiosity about the blogosphere; about "more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy." In any event, I have made a start and we'll see what turns up in this little patch of cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment